According to the current migration law, when entering the RF you must get and fill in a migration card. You must fill in a migration card yourself in Russian, clearly and without any corrections. If you do not speak Russian, you are allowed to fill in your personal data using the Latin alphabet in accordance with what is written in your passport. You should indicate “studies” as the aim of your entrance to the country!

On arrival in RF (after every crossing the RF border) you must get registered within 3 working days since the days of crossing the border. To do it, you must go to University to Dean’s Office of the International Medical Faculty and produce the passport and the migration card with a mark about entrance to RF made by a border control.

After that you should receive a registration card in the same office within 5-7 days; it will include the allowed term of your staying at RF. 

You must 1) always have your registration card with you; 2) show it to law enforcement officers together with your national passport and migration card when the regimen of your staying in RF is checked. 

If you change a place where you live, your surname or name(s), a date of birth or receive a new national passport, etc. you must inform the administration of the Academy (Room 11 of the Dean’s Office) within no longer than three days. 

To extend the visa you must apply in Dean’s Office not less than 1.5-2 months before its expiration date! To extend the registration (for foreigners from visa-free countries), you must apply in Dean’s Office two weeks before its expiration date! If a student fails to do it in time, they will be expelled!

If you lose (spoil) your registration or migration card, you must apply in Dean’s Office immediately.

Foreign students who have arrived in RF by visas are allowed to stay in RF for the period determined by the validity of their visa. A foreign student must leave the Russian Federation before their visa is expired if they either do not receive a new visa or do not extend the current visa or do not get permission for temporary stay.

According to Article 25.10 of the Federal Law “On the Procedure for Exiting and Entering the Russian Federation” of August 15, 1996 No. 114-ФЗ foreign citizens who have arrived in RF with violation of the order of crossing the State Border, who have not registered in time, who have not left RF after the permitted period of their stay in Russia has been expired, who have worked illegally, as well as those who have provided inaccurate or false data about themselves while being registered are considered to stay illegally on the territory of RF and bear responsibility in accordance with RF legislation. Responsibility of such foreign citizens and stateless people is determined by the Code of Administrative Offences of RF and includes fines in the amount from two to five thousand roubles for foreign citizens with or without administrative expulsion from the territory of RF. 

Scroll to top